Anyone else tongue tied?

32/m. For most of my teen years and into my early 20s, I thought I was just a terrible kisser. Girls would tell me what to do with my tongue, and I just couldn't do it. My cunnilingus game wasn't exactly strong either.

It wasn't until after I graduated college that I met a dental hygeinest at a bar one night who pulled away when we were making out, inspected my mouth, and romantically whispered, "You know you've got a super thick frenulum that prevents your tongue from moving as freely as it should."

It suddenly all made sense.

Does anyone else have this issue as an adult? If so, do you tell your partners about it upfront? Any tips for getting around it?

I'm at a point in my life where I'm actively taking a break from dating for the next year or so while I focus on grad school, so I'm thinking about getting it corrected surgically. I've heard some horror stories though, so I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. My speech is fine, so I'd basically be getting the surgery just for the sake of becoming a better kisser, both upstairs and down.

Anyone have the surgery or know anyone who has? If so, did it improve your performance at all?

Sorry, I know it's a super specific question, but I'm really torn between working around it or proactively trying to correct it.

Thanks!



Submitted September 05, 2019 at 11:52PM

32/m. For most of my teen years and into my early 20s, I thought I was just a terrible kisser. Girls would tell me what to do with my tongue, and I just couldn't do it. My cunnilingus game wasn't exactly strong either.It wasn't until after I graduated college that I met a dental hygeinest at a bar one night who pulled away when we were making out, inspected my mouth, and romantically whispered, "You know you've got a super thick frenulum that prevents your tongue from moving as freely as it should."It suddenly all made sense.Does anyone else have this issue as an adult? If so, do you tell your partners about it upfront? Any tips for getting around it?I'm at a point in my life where I'm actively taking a break from dating for the next year or so while I focus on grad school, so I'm thinking about getting it corrected surgically. I've heard some horror stories though, so I'm not entirely sure how to proceed. My speech is fine, so I'd basically be getting the surgery just for the sake of becoming a better kisser, both upstairs and down.Anyone have the surgery or know anyone who has? If so, did it improve your performance at all?Sorry, I know it's a super specific question, but I'm really torn between working around it or proactively trying to correct it.Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.