After years of unsatisfying sex, how do I get myself to enjoy sex again?

A few years ago my engagement fell apart, the relationship ended, and I found myself single again. The relationship was rather lengthy for me, and I consider it my first actual relationship. Before her (I’m a guy in my mid-20s) I had always just hooked up with random girls I didn’t really know, and enjoyed the fact I had no connection with them.

During the relationship though, I learned how fulfilling getting to know one partner and the ins and outs of their body was, and learned to absolutely love having tons of passionate sex with someone I cared about was. Though neither of us were virgins when we started dating, we had a ton of “firsts” with each other because we could be comfortable and engage our interests.

Fast forward to a few years after it ended, and though I’ve hooked up with other people, and tried dating other people, I’ve continuously run into a problem: sex just is not enjoyable at all. It doesn’t matter how attractive my partner is, if they’re super good at sex, if I want to be into them or enjoy it, I just always walk away unsatisfied.

To figure this out I’ve done some stuff I’m not quite proud of (like hooking up with 3 or more people in a single night, trying to find some relief and failing), other stuff that I hadn’t tried before (like some same sex stuff), and trying the old routine. None worked.

So my question is, after a few years of a completely unsatisfying sex life (in the past few months I’ve just given up completely on sex because why potentially hurt my partners), does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the enjoyment back?



Submitted September 14, 2019 at 11:49PM

A few years ago my engagement fell apart, the relationship ended, and I found myself single again. The relationship was rather lengthy for me, and I consider it my first actual relationship. Before her (I’m a guy in my mid-20s) I had always just hooked up with random girls I didn’t really know, and enjoyed the fact I had no connection with them.During the relationship though, I learned how fulfilling getting to know one partner and the ins and outs of their body was, and learned to absolutely love having tons of passionate sex with someone I cared about was. Though neither of us were virgins when we started dating, we had a ton of “firsts” with each other because we could be comfortable and engage our interests.Fast forward to a few years after it ended, and though I’ve hooked up with other people, and tried dating other people, I’ve continuously run into a problem: sex just is not enjoyable at all. It doesn’t matter how attractive my partner is, if they’re super good at sex, if I want to be into them or enjoy it, I just always walk away unsatisfied.To figure this out I’ve done some stuff I’m not quite proud of (like hooking up with 3 or more people in a single night, trying to find some relief and failing), other stuff that I hadn’t tried before (like some same sex stuff), and trying the old routine. None worked.So my question is, after a few years of a completely unsatisfying sex life (in the past few months I’ve just given up completely on sex because why potentially hurt my partners), does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the enjoyment back?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.