/u/anonymousposter357 on Tired of people on this sub ignoring that asexuality has different meanings in non-western countries. POC asexuals and their different identities matter, we need to do better as a community.

I do honestly think the main thing you got downvoted for is that you sort of portrayed their efforts to disentangle the giant knot, as somehow being racist.

Maybe where you grew up they never tried to sort that out, or at least didn't sort it using quite the same terminology we do, which makes sense if it's a different language (u/NoctilucentNimbus talked about how Japanese handles the distinction). But trying to paint it as cultural erasure to try to move past the oversimplified model where all aces are presumed aro and all aros presumed ace (which is widespread in Western culture anyway) is probably the main thing people take issue with about your post.





August 03, 2019 at 12:05AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.