How do I (f23) tell my roommate (f23) that she is not taking care of her pets without damaging our relationship?

I’ve been living with my two female roommates since July and one of them has two cats.

My roommates travel quite frequently out of town and are gone for 3-7 days every now and then. During that time , I am usually the one that gets asked to feed the cats literally last second while they are leaving. I recently felt like I am purposefully not invited to tag along because I am supposed to be the free can-opener every time.

I came to notice that next to an recurring flea infestation of the cats that affects me now (fleas like to bite me and my skin reacts pretty badly to it) , she cleans the one toilet the cats share max once a week. The other day I actually bought them another cat toilet because their old one is so disgusting I don’t even want to clean it.

I’ve kinda just been letting it go but after I woke up with a swollen up flea bite this morning I am just angry. I know she is a nice girl and she helps me putting on make up at times but I feel like her cats suffer from this and I don’t want to live with fleas anymore.

Is there any tactful way to talk to her without changing the way she feels about me ?

TL; DR: roommate doesn’t take care of her pets. What do I say?



Submitted August 02, 2019 at 11:39PM

I’ve been living with my two female roommates since July and one of them has two cats.My roommates travel quite frequently out of town and are gone for 3-7 days every now and then. During that time , I am usually the one that gets asked to feed the cats literally last second while they are leaving. I recently felt like I am purposefully not invited to tag along because I am supposed to be the free can-opener every time.I came to notice that next to an recurring flea infestation of the cats that affects me now (fleas like to bite me and my skin reacts pretty badly to it) , she cleans the one toilet the cats share max once a week. The other day I actually bought them another cat toilet because their old one is so disgusting I don’t even want to clean it.I’ve kinda just been letting it go but after I woke up with a swollen up flea bite this morning I am just angry. I know she is a nice girl and she helps me putting on make up at times but I feel like her cats suffer from this and I don’t want to live with fleas anymore.Is there any tactful way to talk to her without changing the way she feels about me ?TL; DR: roommate doesn’t take care of her pets. What do I say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.