What should I [M21] do about my girlfriend [F21]?

This is long as hell but I really could use advice, so if you have the time it’d be much appreciated

Me and my girlfriend both go to the same college and have been together for about a year and a half.

Since it’s summer and we both work and live about 2 hours away, I’ve been seeing her less than I do in college

Anyway, last time I saw her (a week or so ago) she started going through my phone so I went though hers as well (we both let each other go through each other’s stuff in front of each other, nbd) when I see she’s been texting this guy, let’s call him Joe. In the texts Joe basically says he likes her, and while she doesn’t say anything like that back, she isn’t exactly stopping his advances. She also has had a Snapchat streak with Joe (he’s someone from back home that idk). I’m a bit upset that she’s been snapping this guy for so long but she dismisses it.

Anyway, over text the last few days I’ve been telling her I’m uncomfortable about her snapping him, as I didn’t know he had feelings for her. She basically gets mad at me (I did NOT tell her she had to stop, just that I didn’t like it) and tells me I can’t tell her to stop a streak with her friend.

This may seem like I’m being ridiculous but you have to hear my side of it: my female friend “Anna” (not real name) had a crush on me before I dated current GF. Current GF basically made me stop hanging out with Anna, and made me end my snap streak with her. I didn’t like it but I did it for current GF. But she is still unwilling to stop snapping Joe, even after I tell her how it bothers me for days. Every time I bring it up she gets mad.

Anyway, so the other day she posts a scandalous picture of her butt on Instagram. She’s NEVER been one to post stuff like this so it caught me off guard. I ask her why and she tells me “my butt looked really good” and then gets mad at me for not complimenting the picture.

Note she has also never posted a picture of me on any social media despite us dating for over a year. When I ask why she dismisses it with “idk”.

What do I do? I feel like something is happening with her and Joe and now she’s posting scandalous pictures on social media, where there is no trace of me? What do I do?

TL;DR: Girlfriend won’t stop talking to random guy that likes her, also posts scandalous picture on Instagram where she refuses to post pictures of me.



Submitted July 03, 2019 at 12:13AM

This is long as hell but I really could use advice, so if you have the time it’d be much appreciatedMe and my girlfriend both go to the same college and have been together for about a year and a half.Since it’s summer and we both work and live about 2 hours away, I’ve been seeing her less than I do in collegeAnyway, last time I saw her (a week or so ago) she started going through my phone so I went though hers as well (we both let each other go through each other’s stuff in front of each other, nbd) when I see she’s been texting this guy, let’s call him Joe. In the texts Joe basically says he likes her, and while she doesn’t say anything like that back, she isn’t exactly stopping his advances. She also has had a Snapchat streak with Joe (he’s someone from back home that idk). I’m a bit upset that she’s been snapping this guy for so long but she dismisses it.Anyway, over text the last few days I’ve been telling her I’m uncomfortable about her snapping him, as I didn’t know he had feelings for her. She basically gets mad at me (I did NOT tell her she had to stop, just that I didn’t like it) and tells me I can’t tell her to stop a streak with her friend.This may seem like I’m being ridiculous but you have to hear my side of it: my female friend “Anna” (not real name) had a crush on me before I dated current GF. Current GF basically made me stop hanging out with Anna, and made me end my snap streak with her. I didn’t like it but I did it for current GF. But she is still unwilling to stop snapping Joe, even after I tell her how it bothers me for days. Every time I bring it up she gets mad.Anyway, so the other day she posts a scandalous picture of her butt on Instagram. She’s NEVER been one to post stuff like this so it caught me off guard. I ask her why and she tells me “my butt looked really good” and then gets mad at me for not complimenting the picture.Note she has also never posted a picture of me on any social media despite us dating for over a year. When I ask why she dismisses it with “idk”.What do I do? I feel like something is happening with her and Joe and now she’s posting scandalous pictures on social media, where there is no trace of me? What do I do?TL;DR: Girlfriend won’t stop talking to random guy that likes her, also posts scandalous picture on Instagram where she refuses to post pictures of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.