Impossibly pregnant

(Throwaway for obvious reasons; also not giving age for paranoia sake)

So, just found out I’m pregante (trying to be in high spirits about it). I’d been feeling sick and missed my period so I’d figured something was up. Took a piss test and it came back positive.

Now some people would be elated by the news. Well I’m not because:

  1. Don’t want kids

  2. The pregnancy is nearly impossible

  3. It would probably kill me to give birth naturally

  4. My boyfriend (34M) is engaged (we’re poly; don’t worry)

Now the obvious answer is an abortion, right? Yes, mhm, for sure. Problem is is that I’m not sure what to tell the father.

For one thing, I’ve been on birth control and according to my gyno am practically infertile due to hormonal abnormalities. These are facts I’ve used to sooth my bf’s worries when it came to having unprotected sex. Now that I know neither are a guarantee I’m not sure how he’ll feel about having sex with me ever again or even continuing our relationship.

For another: while he’s been receptive to abortion talk in the past, I’m not sure if he’s only been giving me a pass because of my medical condition. I’ve let him know that my condition would make it incredibly laborious to maintain and complete a pregnancy in the traditional way. He responded along the lines of “yeah, in that case an abortion would be understandable”. It only leads me to believe I’m an exception to his rule and he’ll judge or resent me for it.

I need to know if I should tell him or not. I know it’s my body, my choice, but does that mean I don’t owe him any info on the matter? It’s undoubtedly his as I have no other partners at the moment, but right now there’s no way to tell I’m pregnant at all. So I’m kinda at a fork in my path.

Tl;dr I’m pregnant from my bf and am trying to decide if I should not tell him about the abortion I will receive. Is it a morally wrong decision?



Submitted July 03, 2019 at 12:14AM

(Throwaway for obvious reasons; also not giving age for paranoia sake)So, just found out I’m pregante (trying to be in high spirits about it). I’d been feeling sick and missed my period so I’d figured something was up. Took a piss test and it came back positive.Now some people would be elated by the news. Well I’m not because:Don’t want kidsThe pregnancy is nearly impossibleIt would probably kill me to give birth naturallyMy boyfriend (34M) is engaged (we’re poly; don’t worry)Now the obvious answer is an abortion, right? Yes, mhm, for sure. Problem is is that I’m not sure what to tell the father.For one thing, I’ve been on birth control and according to my gyno am practically infertile due to hormonal abnormalities. These are facts I’ve used to sooth my bf’s worries when it came to having unprotected sex. Now that I know neither are a guarantee I’m not sure how he’ll feel about having sex with me ever again or even continuing our relationship.For another: while he’s been receptive to abortion talk in the past, I’m not sure if he’s only been giving me a pass because of my medical condition. I’ve let him know that my condition would make it incredibly laborious to maintain and complete a pregnancy in the traditional way. He responded along the lines of “yeah, in that case an abortion would be understandable”. It only leads me to believe I’m an exception to his rule and he’ll judge or resent me for it.I need to know if I should tell him or not. I know it’s my body, my choice, but does that mean I don’t owe him any info on the matter? It’s undoubtedly his as I have no other partners at the moment, but right now there’s no way to tell I’m pregnant at all. So I’m kinda at a fork in my path.Tl;dr I’m pregnant from my bf and am trying to decide if I should not tell him about the abortion I will receive. Is it a morally wrong decision?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.