My [26F] younger sister [18F] organised events but expects me to pay

A few times now my younger sister has organised some sort of catch up event (e.g. brunch, dinner, movies) with myself and our other sister [21F].

Every single time when it comes to pay and they ask if we’re paying all together, she doesn’t jump in and say we’re splitting the bill but just looks at me to pay. She’s organised for us to go to the movies tonight and then just texted us saying ‘does someone want to book the tickets?’ as though she can’t do it herself.

The thing is, I generally don’t mind paying if that expectation wasn’t there. And sometimes, these meals just add up and it would be good if they paid for their own food sometimes too!

I’m not sure what to do without coming across rude. Currently I’m ignoring her text message about booking the movie tickets but that doesn’t really address the problem. It’s not so much that she’s not paying for herself, but that expectation (and the fact that she never directly ASKS but just implies it) that I pay makes me feel like I’m just being used for money.

TL;DR: my younger sister expects me to pay for everything without actually asking and I’m sick of it.



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 12:14AM

A few times now my younger sister has organised some sort of catch up event (e.g. brunch, dinner, movies) with myself and our other sister [21F].Every single time when it comes to pay and they ask if we’re paying all together, she doesn’t jump in and say we’re splitting the bill but just looks at me to pay. She’s organised for us to go to the movies tonight and then just texted us saying ‘does someone want to book the tickets?’ as though she can’t do it herself.The thing is, I generally don’t mind paying if that expectation wasn’t there. And sometimes, these meals just add up and it would be good if they paid for their own food sometimes too!I’m not sure what to do without coming across rude. Currently I’m ignoring her text message about booking the movie tickets but that doesn’t really address the problem. It’s not so much that she’s not paying for herself, but that expectation (and the fact that she never directly ASKS but just implies it) that I pay makes me feel like I’m just being used for money.TL;DR: my younger sister expects me to pay for everything without actually asking and I’m sick of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.