I [26,f] managed to make my boyfriend [30,m] of 3 years stop smoking cigarettes, now he wont stop vaping. It annoys me to no end and I dont know what to do

My boyfriend used to be avid smoker in the first year and half of our relationship. I managed to make him stop. But now he wont let go of the vape. He insists on vaping indoors and inside cars.

Whenever I bring up the conversation of quitting vape he shuts me down and tells me that he already quit cigarettes so he needs something else to smoke. And that vaping is not bad for you. He says he will never quit vaping.

If I'm being honest, I have realized recently that I find it repulsive that hes so addicted to having "something to smoke" at all times. And the smell of his vape never leaves his lips or even the air in the house. The smell annoys me to no end.

Tl;dr boyfriend wont stop smoking his vape after quitting cigarettes. I'm not sure what to do. Is a break up the only solution?



Submitted June 30, 2019 at 12:17AM

My boyfriend used to be avid smoker in the first year and half of our relationship. I managed to make him stop. But now he wont let go of the vape. He insists on vaping indoors and inside cars.Whenever I bring up the conversation of quitting vape he shuts me down and tells me that he already quit cigarettes so he needs something else to smoke. And that vaping is not bad for you. He says he will never quit vaping.If I'm being honest, I have realized recently that I find it repulsive that hes so addicted to having "something to smoke" at all times. And the smell of his vape never leaves his lips or even the air in the house. The smell annoys me to no end.Tl;dr boyfriend wont stop smoking his vape after quitting cigarettes. I'm not sure what to do. Is a break up the only solution?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.