Am I being selfish?

Tl;dr should I buy my partners side of the family gifts, or should i leave it up to him and have them go giftless?

My fiancee and I have been together almost 8 years. We have a 6mo baby together.

On my side of the family, we have 5 nieces and nephews.

My partner has 4 nieces and nephews on his side.

Years ago when things got serious, I said that I want him to be in control of buying his side of the family gifts etc. Buying and sending gifts on time honestly, really stresses me out.

Cut a long story short, he never gets around to buying his family gifts.

I make sure I always do for my side, it's important to me to let the kids know I think and care about them.

I feel really bad his side never receive gifts from us. Especially the kids. (They don't send us any either).

Should I be biting the bullet and getting them gifts? Or should he stop being lazy and do it himself?

I have gone to in the past, but his families interests and the type of gifts they like, are different to my side and he wants the gifts to be meaningful.

Thanks!



Submitted June 24, 2019 at 11:23PM

Tl;dr should I buy my partners side of the family gifts, or should i leave it up to him and have them go giftless?My fiancee and I have been together almost 8 years. We have a 6mo baby together.On my side of the family, we have 5 nieces and nephews.My partner has 4 nieces and nephews on his side.Years ago when things got serious, I said that I want him to be in control of buying his side of the family gifts etc. Buying and sending gifts on time honestly, really stresses me out.Cut a long story short, he never gets around to buying his family gifts.I make sure I always do for my side, it's important to me to let the kids know I think and care about them.I feel really bad his side never receive gifts from us. Especially the kids. (They don't send us any either).Should I be biting the bullet and getting them gifts? Or should he stop being lazy and do it himself?I have gone to in the past, but his families interests and the type of gifts they like, are different to my side and he wants the gifts to be meaningful.Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.