I don’t want people to settle for me.

If I’m not what they want, I don’t want them to see me as some placeholder or something.

The amount of men who have stayed with me, knowing I’m not what they’re looking for, is way too many. And of course they told me this afterwards.

I bring this up because a guy told me he has a preference for skinnier girls. I’m a little bit thicker. But he convinced me he still thinks I’m beautiful and it doesn’t matter.

But to me, I’m thinking now he’s settling. He could easily go find a skinnier girl. I don’t want him looking at me and thinking “oh she could be skinnier”. Like that shit is devastating.

I know I’m probably overreacting or whatever. But I just don’t know why people settle. It just makes the other person feel like shit, in my experience.



Submitted January 07, 2022 at 12:16AM

If I’m not what they want, I don’t want them to see me as some placeholder or something.The amount of men who have stayed with me, knowing I’m not what they’re looking for, is way too many. And of course they told me this afterwards.I bring this up because a guy told me he has a preference for skinnier girls. I’m a little bit thicker. But he convinced me he still thinks I’m beautiful and it doesn’t matter.But to me, I’m thinking now he’s settling. He could easily go find a skinnier girl. I don’t want him looking at me and thinking “oh she could be skinnier”. Like that shit is devastating.I know I’m probably overreacting or whatever. But I just don’t know why people settle. It just makes the other person feel like shit, in my experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.