I want to ask her out......but am afraid it's too late.

[28 M and 22 F]

Meet her a year ago. She admitted she liked me back in May. I told her I wasn't ready to be in a relationship yet. But we were still affectionate, lovey dovey with each other all throughout the summer. She even told me she "Didn't know she had a type in a guy before I meet you."

Around 6 weeks ago, it suddenly got distant after a night where she got very drunk & intense around me and made herself vulnerable. Our contact since then has been sporadic/spaced apart. And in the last 3 weeks, our texting has been very spaced apart. Only 1 or 3 exchanges here and there a day, sometimes skipping a day or two. People told me that she hadn't lost interest, but was distancing to allow herself to move on from me in a way or to wind down the intensity.

Now the last few days I've been doing a lot of thinking....And feel like I want to ask her out, because although I'm still not 100% ready, but is anybody ever 100% ready? She's wonderful. I don't want to lose her and building something potentially beautiful with her.

But -

I've never asked a girl to be my Girlfriend before, so I don't know how to do it.....How do I have that talk?

Should I even ask her out to begin with?

Does this distance sound like she's lost interest?

I don't know if asking her now, given the space between us, is bad idea or not. Because it's possible she has moved on or is trying to.

I don't want her to think I'm just doing it because I don't want to lose. I legit do want to give this a shot.



Submitted October 15, 2021 at 12:05AM

[28 M and 22 F]Meet her a year ago. She admitted she liked me back in May. I told her I wasn't ready to be in a relationship yet. But we were still affectionate, lovey dovey with each other all throughout the summer. She even told me she "Didn't know she had a type in a guy before I meet you."Around 6 weeks ago, it suddenly got distant after a night where she got very drunk & intense around me and made herself vulnerable. Our contact since then has been sporadic/spaced apart. And in the last 3 weeks, our texting has been very spaced apart. Only 1 or 3 exchanges here and there a day, sometimes skipping a day or two. People told me that she hadn't lost interest, but was distancing to allow herself to move on from me in a way or to wind down the intensity.Now the last few days I've been doing a lot of thinking....And feel like I want to ask her out, because although I'm still not 100% ready, but is anybody ever 100% ready? She's wonderful. I don't want to lose her and building something potentially beautiful with her.But -I've never asked a girl to be my Girlfriend before, so I don't know how to do it.....How do I have that talk?Should I even ask her out to begin with?Does this distance sound like she's lost interest?I don't know if asking her now, given the space between us, is bad idea or not. Because it's possible she has moved on or is trying to.I don't want her to think I'm just doing it because I don't want to lose. I legit do want to give this a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.