am confused by my coworkers intentions? i have the biggest crush ever

hey reddit,

i (24f) started a new job recently as an activity coordinator/receptionist at a retirement home. prior, i’ve worked in mostly women oriented fields (plus recently got out of a 4 year relationship about 8/9m ago).

a new guy started working as a cook in the retirement and introduced himself to me. to set the tone, he’s tall, athletic, handsome, dark eyed. like really suave dude. i would get really nervous around him and couldn’t tell if he’d pick up on it but he’d flirt with me and say cutesy things to me that i wouldn’t really either respond to or respond to probably awkwardly. i don’t do well with flirting without having built some type of rapport prior which is why i’m struggling now.

he asked me to hang with him once on one of our half hour lunch breaks which ended up being really awkward for me, so to make up for it, i asked him if he’d like to get drinks later and gave him my number. long story short, we never got together and i would tease him about it occasionally when he’d flirt with me-but don’t get me wrong nothing excessively. he touches me frequently at work (nothing uncomfortable or inappropriate) and kind of tries to impress me in different ways.

typically i park my car about a half a mile away from my job (they charge 40$ per month for parking), and he decided to walk with me since he walks to work (he lives in our downtown). we had a really good convo and he told me “you look really really nice today, but i mean you look nice everyday.” he asked what i was doing tonight and i said nothing to which he said “we’ll have a relaxing night” and hopped out of my car.

i guess i’m confused why he flirts and wants to spend so much time together at work but wouldn’t ask me up to his flat or anything? LOL

i can’t tell if he likes me or is bored? my friends said it could be because he’s bored and probably has girls like me at his other jobs.

i mean this genuinely. i wouldn’t really think i’d be his type. why do men do this?



Submitted October 20, 2021 at 12:12AM

hey reddit,i (24f) started a new job recently as an activity coordinator/receptionist at a retirement home. prior, i’ve worked in mostly women oriented fields (plus recently got out of a 4 year relationship about 8/9m ago).a new guy started working as a cook in the retirement and introduced himself to me. to set the tone, he’s tall, athletic, handsome, dark eyed. like really suave dude. i would get really nervous around him and couldn’t tell if he’d pick up on it but he’d flirt with me and say cutesy things to me that i wouldn’t really either respond to or respond to probably awkwardly. i don’t do well with flirting without having built some type of rapport prior which is why i’m struggling now.he asked me to hang with him once on one of our half hour lunch breaks which ended up being really awkward for me, so to make up for it, i asked him if he’d like to get drinks later and gave him my number. long story short, we never got together and i would tease him about it occasionally when he’d flirt with me-but don’t get me wrong nothing excessively. he touches me frequently at work (nothing uncomfortable or inappropriate) and kind of tries to impress me in different ways.typically i park my car about a half a mile away from my job (they charge 40$ per month for parking), and he decided to walk with me since he walks to work (he lives in our downtown). we had a really good convo and he told me “you look really really nice today, but i mean you look nice everyday.” he asked what i was doing tonight and i said nothing to which he said “we’ll have a relaxing night” and hopped out of my car.i guess i’m confused why he flirts and wants to spend so much time together at work but wouldn’t ask me up to his flat or anything? LOLi can’t tell if he likes me or is bored? my friends said it could be because he’s bored and probably has girls like me at his other jobs.i mean this genuinely. i wouldn’t really think i’d be his type. why do men do this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.