What do you all talk about on dating apps?

I'm a guy in my mid 20s getting back into dating, and I worry that I'm being too boring or playing it too safe while chatting with people on apps.

Usually, I comment about something on their profile/prompts and go from there, but I've noticed that I sometimes get too quickly into the "where are you from/what do you do for fun/what brings you into the city" type questions or small talk. I don't really have this problem as much when I meet people in person because I feel like it's a bit easier to get into a rhythm or go on fun tangents face to face than it is through text, but with the way everything works with OLD, this is the first step to that.

When I have hit it off with some of the women I've matched with, the messages seem to flow really easily and it feels like we're both excited to chat with each other so I almost don't have to think about what to say. Other times, there's someone who seems really interesting at a glance but getting the conversation rolling can feel like a lot of work.

So what do you talk about? What types of messages get you excited to respond and get to know someone or move the conversation forward? Any tips for starting a conversation with someone you find attractive but has a really basic profile? Any common mistakes you see people make that drive you crazy?



Submitted September 04, 2021 at 12:12AM

I'm a guy in my mid 20s getting back into dating, and I worry that I'm being too boring or playing it too safe while chatting with people on apps.Usually, I comment about something on their profile/prompts and go from there, but I've noticed that I sometimes get too quickly into the "where are you from/what do you do for fun/what brings you into the city" type questions or small talk. I don't really have this problem as much when I meet people in person because I feel like it's a bit easier to get into a rhythm or go on fun tangents face to face than it is through text, but with the way everything works with OLD, this is the first step to that.When I have hit it off with some of the women I've matched with, the messages seem to flow really easily and it feels like we're both excited to chat with each other so I almost don't have to think about what to say. Other times, there's someone who seems really interesting at a glance but getting the conversation rolling can feel like a lot of work.So what do you talk about? What types of messages get you excited to respond and get to know someone or move the conversation forward? Any tips for starting a conversation with someone you find attractive but has a really basic profile? Any common mistakes you see people make that drive you crazy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.