/u/Aubagin on What kind of discrimination do asexuals face?

It’s based on the mentality that you owe your (future) spouse your body, may it be for fun or reproduction. Refusing to do any of that seems ludicrous to allos since sexual attraction is a core part of their experience as an adult human being, so the conclusion is you‘re refusal is out of malevolent reasons. Remember all those jokes about the wifes punishing misbehaving husbands by refusing to have sex in media? They accuse aces of that mindset.

I had a similar conversation with a family friend years ago (when I was still questioning but certainly about not wanting children). I was questioned about my lack of offspring and unmarried status and I plainly answered I didn‘t want any. I was told that‘s unfair to my future husband and that he would leave me if I didn‘t change my mind. (Again, I was single and while I phrased my sentences hypothetical my conversation partner treated it as a given. Also, heteronormativity much.) If I knew and said I’m asexual guess that conversation would have went similar if not worse.





September 19, 2021 at 12:50AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.