/u/MiroWiggin on There’s this ace dad (Cody Daigle-Orian) that gives out advice to younger aces or people just discovering their asexuality. He realised that not a lot of aces have seen aces his age and might not have good parental support. So he puts out these videos. Links below. Happy Pride Month!

Damn, this is actually really helpful. Like, sometimes I get imposter syndrome because I think "Well, I really don't have much experience in relationships. Maybe once I start dating, I'll discover I actually do want sexual intimacy. Or maybe after I have bottom surgery and am less dysphoric, I won't be as sex-averse." It's good to just be like "Okay, maybe one day I'll consider myself demisexual, maybe one day I'll consider myself comfortable with sex, but right now I'm 19-years-old and have never experienced sexual attraction so I consider myself asexual."

A nice reminder that I'm valid and so are all of you (even if you don't have any particular label for yourself yet).





April 03, 2021 at 11:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.