/u/SpeedwagonAF on Is it weird to find people IN clothes more attractive than people out of clothes or is that just an ace thing?

I agree, a naked person is like a naked mannequin to me: where's the imagination? What's the point? I know what people look like naked, it's not particularly interesting or novel since I don't get the sexual thoughts that usually make them enticing for allos. However, even things like swimwear or highly, impractically skimpy clothing, things some allos might prefer to complete nudity, still are kinda boring to me, because (I'm guessing here) for them, they cover up the "enticing parts" to leave them to their imagination and fantasy, while for me, all I see is a conveniently covered naked person with just a little style. There are some swimwear that can kinda appeal to me if they're interesting enough, but they're usually leagues behind things like tuxedos, uniforms, dresses, casual wear, things that really win me over, where actual style can be implemented. For me, my aesthetic attraction is half-the outfit, half-the person wearing it.

I'm not opposed to showing skin or accentuating parts, but in terms of my personal taste, you gotta be careful that the aesthetic focal point is the overall look, not how much skin is showing. Even if there does happen to be a lot of skin showing, if it looks good, it looks good, skin or no, but you just have to be careful that you're not leaving too much white, empty space in your art that could be put to good use, so-to-speak. I'm interested in the positive space of the art more than the negative, even if the negative space can be well used to make the positive look good.





March 16, 2021 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.