/u/The-Mad-Katter on When and how did you realize you were Ace?

I feel like I’ve always known. I was aware that I wasn’t into boys in 7th grade and while I told myself I’d probably “get it eventually,” a little piece of me was sure I never would. Sexuality was on my mind 0% of the time (and I went to Catholic school so they talked about it 0% of the time), so I never thought I might be bi or lesbian or any other sexuality cause I didn’t even know they existed.

I don’t remember exactly when I found the term “asexual”. I think as I grew outside of my little catholic bubble and got exposure to other LGBTQ+ identities, I heard the word a bit and eventually came across a video with the definition in it and was just like “yeah, that’s me”.

I didn’t explore that more until sophomore year of high-school, and that’s when I found out about the spectrum and the difference between romantic and sexual attraction (i then started identifying as aroace).

It’s funny that the discovery wasn’t emotional enough for me to actually have any memory of the day I learned asexuality or aromanticism was a thing when for so many others it was. I was a confident kid and was 100% comfortable in who I was, no questions asked





December 26, 2020 at 11:35PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.