/u/_SleepySheepy on I think I'm asexual, but my partner is allo... HELP :(

It seems like you're already doing a great job handing it! Communication, consent, and compromise are key here. My allo boyfriend and I started dating when we were 16 and we didn't know I was ace. I had the pleasure of coming out to him as ace, then as biromantic, and he's been supportive through it all. I'm pretty sex repulsed, and he's still generally a horny teen after 8 years but we're still going strong (and getting engaged very soon).

In my experience, the trick was figuring out what specifically he likes about sex (the intimacy and connection is the important part for him) and then finding things that I am comfortable with that fufill that need for him. We talk through the issues surrounding it as best we can, and we compromise as much as possible. As long as you communicate, you'll make it through whatever.

He seems great, and I wish you the best of luck with your relationship going forward!





September 16, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.