/u/ragtimeholly on A friend of mine is telling me that I'm not asexual because I have been sexually abused.

what I was saying was that, in response to you saying "for what I care someone can label themself as asexual and have tons of sex," that those things are in no way mutually exclusive anyway.

Asexuality is a sexual orientation, not "celibacy." Not having sex or having lots of it doesn't have anything to do with what asexuality is. Labelling yourself as "asexual" is not labelling yourself as "celibate."

If somebody feels sexual attraction rarely they are still on the asexual spectrum so that's fine to label yourself asexual, but personally I would not feel comfortable with someone labelling themselves "asexual" if they were allosexual.

If someone feels sexual attraction to both genders, but only wants to have relationships with same-gendered people, yeah call yourself "gay," sure. But saying you're asexual if you're not even on the spectrum is more like being totally straight and calling yourself gay. That's my personal opinion.





September 11, 2020 at 11:21PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.