/u/BeginningShoe2 on I fear of becoming asexual ....... At first i was having HOCD then i tried to manage it ....... I was almost over HOCD ,then suddenly i feel what will happen if i become asexual ...then i started fear of becoming asexual ..... What is this phenomenon ...... I feel depressed and frightened a lot ....

From what I understand, HOCD is a form of pure O OCD, where you have intrusive thoughts where you question your own thoughts and desires, and are afraid of losing control over your actions. I (think I) dealt with that for a while when I was younger, although it was never officially diagnosed. I was scared I was subconsciously a murderous psychopath, or a pedophile, etc. For me, it was a direct result of my fear of going insane, since I was dealing with pretty intense dissociation and anxiety at the time and I felt completely out of control. I calmed down a bit when I found out other people were dealing with this, and psychopaths and pedophiles generally don't worry about being a psychopath or a pedophile. And when I stopped worrying about it, the intrusive thoughts became less persistent. They became just weird thoughts I had in passing, like everyone has.

I don't know if this information is any help to you, but either way, if you often find yourself consumed by obsessions and anxieties, I advice you to talk to a therapist about it. And if it's any reassurance, being ace, even though it's not always easy, it really isn't the end of the world either.





June 14, 2020 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.