Do I [22M] have to be close with my parents [50's M/F] or family [20's, 30's M/F]?

I just don't feel close with my immediate family. I'm like the black sheep. Every time I'm with my father and brother, I feel like the third wheel. They have a lot in common like sports, etc. I don't share their same interests. They also have similar personalities, and my personality is pretty different from their's.

My oldest sister and I aren't close also because of personality differences.

The only two people in my immediate family I am closest with are my mom and youngest sister.

I feel guilty for not wanting to have much of a relationship with my Dad, brother, and sister, but I just feel like I don't click with them. If they weren't apart of my family, I don't think I would associate with them.

Am I wrong to feel this way?

tl;dr: I don't feel close with my immediate family with the exception of my mom and younger sister. I just don't click with them. I feel bad that I feel this way because they are my family. Is this wrong?



Submitted May 04, 2020 at 12:20AM

I just don't feel close with my immediate family. I'm like the black sheep. Every time I'm with my father and brother, I feel like the third wheel. They have a lot in common like sports, etc. I don't share their same interests. They also have similar personalities, and my personality is pretty different from their's.My oldest sister and I aren't close also because of personality differences.The only two people in my immediate family I am closest with are my mom and youngest sister.I feel guilty for not wanting to have much of a relationship with my Dad, brother, and sister, but I just feel like I don't click with them. If they weren't apart of my family, I don't think I would associate with them.Am I wrong to feel this way?tl;dr: I don't feel close with my immediate family with the exception of my mom and younger sister. I just don't click with them. I feel bad that I feel this way because they are my family. Is this wrong?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.