/u/ryaninflorida1 on Who all here is a guy? Just want all you guys who are asexual/aromantic to know that you all are valid and that theirs nothing wrong with you!

Here! Still slightly questioning myself with it though... pretty sure I am but I’ve had two sexual relationships and I did have a sexual attraction to them at first but overtime I lost that and grew a strong romantic attraction to them. Ultimately me never wanting to have sex with them hardly ever (with the first about a year went by without me feeling any sexual attraction towards her) ruined the relationships. It was devastating and until pretty recently I had the thought “it’s all my fault, what’s wrong with me? Why didn’t I ever want to have sex with them? “ etc. that was all with in the past few years and it took a toll on my mental health. I haven’t come out publicly and still am questioning if I’m 100% asexual or not, but pretty sure I am. This feels kind of relieving knowing I’m not the only guy in this community, since men are stereotyped as horn dogs wanting to fuck anything that moves lol. I’m glad after those bad experiences I discovered what asexuality is and hopefully in future romantic relationships I can come out about it to them and not have the devastating impact it had previously.





April 02, 2020 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.