/u/angiilngaallve on Extreme fear of sex, don't know how to cope

This doesn't sound like it has to do with being trans

This doesn't even particularly sound like it has to do with being asexual

It sounds like you have a phobia. Unpacking your phobia doesn't mean that you will then have to enjoy sex or drugs or any of that shit if you still don't want to. But it does mean that you'll hopefully get to the point where your distaste for these activities will stop eating away at the rest of your life.

I'm willing to talk in PM ofc as (foremost) an asexual who will not just tell you that sex is "normal" but also as someone who has seen friends' lives be corroded by phobias and then come back when they get the mental help they need. I can also potentially help with strategies to screen therapists to find ones who take asexuality seriously.

edit: oh also pls don't kill yourself, there're hotlines (the Trevor project even explicitly supports ace identities) and forums for help in dire times. Again, from experience, killing yourself is not a good option.





April 02, 2020 at 11:51PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.