should I ask her about it?

after a serious of unrelated events (I don't think the details of that story/saga are relevant so I won't bore you with a wall of text for that), I (30f) approached my gf (28f) yesterday very upset because I felt like a terrible gf. I warned her at the beginning of the relationship (7-9 months ago) that I need a lot of space and some situations are starting to wear on me (both of us, really).

I had a complete breakdown and sobbed to her that I felt terrible and that she feels like I dont want her around and that I'm pushing her away and she was very sweet and reassuring that she completely understands where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to say. after we were done talking, we ate some dinner and we were completely back to normal.

later on, last night, we get into bed and when she's done reading her book, she gives me the look. we've been flirting/teasing each other for the past few days and talking about sex but we've kept falling asleep at night before making it to the bedroom, so we SWORE it was going to happen last night. so, she gives me the look and we start doing things... and she's actively participating and then all of a sudden she asks me to stop because there's something she noticed on TV she wanted to watch.

and now I'm really confused. so we stop, watch her thing.... and never get started again. she knows that my last relationship, a marriage, consisted of six years of dead bedroom so I can be really insecure about sex. and I'm up all night wondering if she just doesn't want me or if she took me not re-initiating as me not wanting her or what?

we've always had really good communication and and amazing sexual relationship, so I'm mostly willing to chalk it up to a weird one-off, but I'm really kind of bothered by it, especially given the conversation we had that afternoon. should I say something and ask her about it or just let it go?

thank you!



Submitted April 19, 2020 at 12:01AM

after a serious of unrelated events (I don't think the details of that story/saga are relevant so I won't bore you with a wall of text for that), I (30f) approached my gf (28f) yesterday very upset because I felt like a terrible gf. I warned her at the beginning of the relationship (7-9 months ago) that I need a lot of space and some situations are starting to wear on me (both of us, really).I had a complete breakdown and sobbed to her that I felt terrible and that she feels like I dont want her around and that I'm pushing her away and she was very sweet and reassuring that she completely understands where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to say. after we were done talking, we ate some dinner and we were completely back to normal.later on, last night, we get into bed and when she's done reading her book, she gives me the look. we've been flirting/teasing each other for the past few days and talking about sex but we've kept falling asleep at night before making it to the bedroom, so we SWORE it was going to happen last night. so, she gives me the look and we start doing things... and she's actively participating and then all of a sudden she asks me to stop because there's something she noticed on TV she wanted to watch.and now I'm really confused. so we stop, watch her thing.... and never get started again. she knows that my last relationship, a marriage, consisted of six years of dead bedroom so I can be really insecure about sex. and I'm up all night wondering if she just doesn't want me or if she took me not re-initiating as me not wanting her or what?we've always had really good communication and and amazing sexual relationship, so I'm mostly willing to chalk it up to a weird one-off, but I'm really kind of bothered by it, especially given the conversation we had that afternoon. should I say something and ask her about it or just let it go?thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.