I’m a 23 year old virgin. Is that something to be ashamed of?

I turned 23 last week and I just watched a movie that put a lot of emphasis on losing your virginity and has made me feel a lot of anxiety. I

I don’t feel like I’m a freak. I’ve not hooked up with a girl but it’s mostly because I’ve never really felt the connection with somebody and up until about a year ago, I used to incredibly insecure about myself.

Sure, most people my age have hooked up so I’m not “normal” but I also don’t really feel like it’s that big of a deal or that I’m some kind of freak. But then I see what people my age are saying and what the media says and it makes me feel like I’ve royally fucked up.

I also have suspicions that a lot of people are exaggerating how much sex they’re having/have had but maybe I’m wrong.

I guess I just want to know if, at 23, I’m without hope.



Submitted April 27, 2020 at 11:39PM

I turned 23 last week and I just watched a movie that put a lot of emphasis on losing your virginity and has made me feel a lot of anxiety. II don’t feel like I’m a freak. I’ve not hooked up with a girl but it’s mostly because I’ve never really felt the connection with somebody and up until about a year ago, I used to incredibly insecure about myself.Sure, most people my age have hooked up so I’m not “normal” but I also don’t really feel like it’s that big of a deal or that I’m some kind of freak. But then I see what people my age are saying and what the media says and it makes me feel like I’ve royally fucked up.I also have suspicions that a lot of people are exaggerating how much sex they’re having/have had but maybe I’m wrong.I guess I just want to know if, at 23, I’m without hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.