What your experience of an Interfaith Marriage?

My fiance and I are to be married in May. She is an observant Jew and I am a nonpracticing Catholic (with no religious affinities). Initially, my fiance suggested that I should convert to Judaism but the idea was dropped because I thought it wouldn't be fair to change to a new faith since I no religious feelings whatsoever - and since we agree to celebrity Jewish holidays and raise our kids in the faith, there was no need for me to convert/

In terms of our marriage, we both agree to be married by a rabbi and have a Jewish wedding. My parents were a bit dishearten at first because I guess they expected me to marry a nice Catholic girl and have Catholic kids - but they came to terms and they're happy for the both of us.

Now onto the real question;

Are Interfaith Marriage "successful"? Or are they like any other marriages (two people of the same faiths). If not, what are some of the challenges?



Submitted February 24, 2020 at 12:12AM

My fiance and I are to be married in May. She is an observant Jew and I am a nonpracticing Catholic (with no religious affinities). Initially, my fiance suggested that I should convert to Judaism but the idea was dropped because I thought it wouldn't be fair to change to a new faith since I no religious feelings whatsoever - and since we agree to celebrity Jewish holidays and raise our kids in the faith, there was no need for me to convert/In terms of our marriage, we both agree to be married by a rabbi and have a Jewish wedding. My parents were a bit dishearten at first because I guess they expected me to marry a nice Catholic girl and have Catholic kids - but they came to terms and they're happy for the both of us.Now onto the real question;Are Interfaith Marriage "successful"? Or are they like any other marriages (two people of the same faiths). If not, what are some of the challenges?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.