He’s just not that into me, or his cell phone?

I’m assuming he’s just not that into me, which is fine, but I’m really annoyed because I am getting mixed signals here and I’m not really sure what to do about it.

Boy and I have had a few phone conversations and they’re always fun and long. Boy seems busy with life and work which I understand and I am also busy with my day to day but I’m more often on my phone to write replies, typically I reply daily or the next day if I’m busy and forget. I know that there are many people who do not check their phone every hour or even look at texts or feel the need to reply ever, so I understand and respect if that’s who he is, the problem is in my experience a lack of reply or very delayed responses plus rarely making the first contact usually indicates a lack of passion or interest. That’s all find but I just wish it weren’t so confusing to understand someone’s intentions....

When we talk he seems to really enjoy our conversations, he will subtly make comments about our first or second date, in a joking/friendly way. He always says he really enjoyed the convo and he always uses hearts on my texts or nice emojis.

Those are the things that make me think he is interested and I should continue pursuing him and assume he’s just not around his phone that much. I know that he must either know I’ve texted or know it’s his turn to reply so he must be conscious on some level that I’m interested in talking more and maybe he just isn’t as interested in talking more?

I usually text him and he could take 3-4 days or more without replying and he’ll say something like I didn’t have time to mindfully reply, but then never does have a conversation anyways, just sort of like he is pushing me to the side because either he is busy or not interested so regardless of the nice things I’m assuming I should not ask him if hes free to have a phone call today if he hasn’t responded to my texts yet? Or do you think getting a text about having a call is a bit needy or pushing him away? Tbh I waited al week without texting him because I had hoped he’d be free for a call during the weekend because we can have more quality conversation and time but if he’s not so interested how do I find that out? We haven’t actually talked about legit dating or going on a date, I’m not interested in casual relationships but I’m open to friendships or love and i don’t like investing my time and love if I feel like I’m bothering him..



Submitted February 01, 2020 at 11:40PM

I’m assuming he’s just not that into me, which is fine, but I’m really annoyed because I am getting mixed signals here and I’m not really sure what to do about it.Boy and I have had a few phone conversations and they’re always fun and long. Boy seems busy with life and work which I understand and I am also busy with my day to day but I’m more often on my phone to write replies, typically I reply daily or the next day if I’m busy and forget. I know that there are many people who do not check their phone every hour or even look at texts or feel the need to reply ever, so I understand and respect if that’s who he is, the problem is in my experience a lack of reply or very delayed responses plus rarely making the first contact usually indicates a lack of passion or interest. That’s all find but I just wish it weren’t so confusing to understand someone’s intentions....When we talk he seems to really enjoy our conversations, he will subtly make comments about our first or second date, in a joking/friendly way. He always says he really enjoyed the convo and he always uses hearts on my texts or nice emojis.Those are the things that make me think he is interested and I should continue pursuing him and assume he’s just not around his phone that much. I know that he must either know I’ve texted or know it’s his turn to reply so he must be conscious on some level that I’m interested in talking more and maybe he just isn’t as interested in talking more?I usually text him and he could take 3-4 days or more without replying and he’ll say something like I didn’t have time to mindfully reply, but then never does have a conversation anyways, just sort of like he is pushing me to the side because either he is busy or not interested so regardless of the nice things I’m assuming I should not ask him if hes free to have a phone call today if he hasn’t responded to my texts yet? Or do you think getting a text about having a call is a bit needy or pushing him away? Tbh I waited al week without texting him because I had hoped he’d be free for a call during the weekend because we can have more quality conversation and time but if he’s not so interested how do I find that out? We haven’t actually talked about legit dating or going on a date, I’m not interested in casual relationships but I’m open to friendships or love and i don’t like investing my time and love if I feel like I’m bothering him..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.