What should I do with my crush?

I have known this girl for 2 years from school and at the start we were friends and slowly became close friends (imo). After the first year in school, she went to another school while I stayed.

I’ll say we spent quite some time with each other and only a few occasions alone (unfortunately). At that point in time, I only thought of her as a friend, like a bro.

But time passed and I felt something about her but was too afraid to act on it as I didn’t want to jeopardize the friendship. Another reason is because she’s relatively more well-off than me and have a more luxurious lifestyle, and it’s something that I won’t be able to give her if she is with me. Even if she accepts me, I’ll still feel bad and shitty that I can’t compare to her more expensive lifestyle. She isn’t arrogant but a really considerate and nice person. It’s just that she has a slightly more expensive taste (I’m totally cool with it as a friend but if we’re together, I’ll feel inferior to her and feel like I can’t meet her standards).

When she goes out with her friends, she’ll occasionally post on her insta story but when she’s out with me, she doesn’t. I thought we genuinely had a good time but maybe she only treats me as a friend or just don’t want others to know we’re hanging out?

I haven’t met her in months, and during those few months, my mixed-feelings were kinda buried. But recently when I just met up with her (and also with a few friends), that feeling just switched on again and it’s just giving me a huge dilemma.

Should I just tell her how I feel, with the chance of jeopardizing our relationship and maybe not seeing her anymore (because of awkwardness), or should I just keep my feelings to myself and just appreciate our friendship? I know I did say that if she feels the same and accepts me, I’ll feel inadequate for her and seems as tho the clear answer is just not to tell her but idk why but there’s this thing in me that just doesn’t feel right.

Should I just tell her I have feelings for her without asking her to be my gf?

Also, idk if she feels the same (probably not as there are many more guys that’s she can easily get) but the things is I don’t see her going out with other guys one-to-one (maybe it’s just that idk) and that when we are together, we are pretty chill and when we chat online, I don’t feel a lot of tension and we can text for hours and till 1-2am. Maybe I’m just the “gay best friend” (I’m not gay btw, I’m a dude)

I’m sorry if this post is stupid but I really needed to let it out and ask for advice.

TLDR: Really like this girl but feel like I’m not good enough for her. Know I can’t be with her but still would want to



Submitted December 24, 2019 at 12:26AM

I have known this girl for 2 years from school and at the start we were friends and slowly became close friends (imo). After the first year in school, she went to another school while I stayed.I’ll say we spent quite some time with each other and only a few occasions alone (unfortunately). At that point in time, I only thought of her as a friend, like a bro.But time passed and I felt something about her but was too afraid to act on it as I didn’t want to jeopardize the friendship. Another reason is because she’s relatively more well-off than me and have a more luxurious lifestyle, and it’s something that I won’t be able to give her if she is with me. Even if she accepts me, I’ll still feel bad and shitty that I can’t compare to her more expensive lifestyle. She isn’t arrogant but a really considerate and nice person. It’s just that she has a slightly more expensive taste (I’m totally cool with it as a friend but if we’re together, I’ll feel inferior to her and feel like I can’t meet her standards).When she goes out with her friends, she’ll occasionally post on her insta story but when she’s out with me, she doesn’t. I thought we genuinely had a good time but maybe she only treats me as a friend or just don’t want others to know we’re hanging out?I haven’t met her in months, and during those few months, my mixed-feelings were kinda buried. But recently when I just met up with her (and also with a few friends), that feeling just switched on again and it’s just giving me a huge dilemma.Should I just tell her how I feel, with the chance of jeopardizing our relationship and maybe not seeing her anymore (because of awkwardness), or should I just keep my feelings to myself and just appreciate our friendship? I know I did say that if she feels the same and accepts me, I’ll feel inadequate for her and seems as tho the clear answer is just not to tell her but idk why but there’s this thing in me that just doesn’t feel right.Should I just tell her I have feelings for her without asking her to be my gf?Also, idk if she feels the same (probably not as there are many more guys that’s she can easily get) but the things is I don’t see her going out with other guys one-to-one (maybe it’s just that idk) and that when we are together, we are pretty chill and when we chat online, I don’t feel a lot of tension and we can text for hours and till 1-2am. Maybe I’m just the “gay best friend” (I’m not gay btw, I’m a dude)I’m sorry if this post is stupid but I really needed to let it out and ask for advice.TLDR: Really like this girl but feel like I’m not good enough for her. Know I can’t be with her but still would want to

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.