My [19F] friend [18M] is spending his Christmas alone and he doesn’t want to come over with my family anymore, how do I convince him to come?

I have been friend with him for 3 years and he lost his mother last year around this time. He spent last Christmas alone and this year he has nobody again. We share the same social circle and one of the girls there tends to talk a lot about him because he didn’t want to date her and she decided she hates him because of that.

He’s a great person and he keeps to himself now after what happened last year. I like him and I know he’s somewhat into me and I have tried to be there for him because I have feelings for him and feel bad for him. Well, we were at a party a few days ago and I was with the girl he rejected and another friend of ours. We didn’t know he was there yet and he had been a few feet away behind us sitting alone.

The 2 other girls were talking bad about him and making fun of him by saying really cruel things. I know he heard because another friend came over and told us that he had just got there and left after he heard what they were saying. He thinks I was also saying things like that because I was sitting with them, but I didn’t say anything bad about him it was the other 2.

I had invited him over for christmas since it was just going to be me and my mom home like always, and he texted me and said “hey I just wanted to let you know that I won’t make it over for Christmas because I need some time to think about things” i tried coming over to talk, but he never answered the door or any of my calls. I explained the situation and apologized with all my heart, but he doesn’t answer or anything.

How can I convince him to come? I regret being there at the wrong time and I don’t want him to be alone. My mom was looking forward to having him over and I had already got my room setup so he could soend the night

Tldr: My close friend no longer wants to come over because he thinks I was making fun of his situation, how can I talk him back into coming over tomorrow?



Submitted December 24, 2019 at 12:17AM

I have been friend with him for 3 years and he lost his mother last year around this time. He spent last Christmas alone and this year he has nobody again. We share the same social circle and one of the girls there tends to talk a lot about him because he didn’t want to date her and she decided she hates him because of that.He’s a great person and he keeps to himself now after what happened last year. I like him and I know he’s somewhat into me and I have tried to be there for him because I have feelings for him and feel bad for him. Well, we were at a party a few days ago and I was with the girl he rejected and another friend of ours. We didn’t know he was there yet and he had been a few feet away behind us sitting alone.The 2 other girls were talking bad about him and making fun of him by saying really cruel things. I know he heard because another friend came over and told us that he had just got there and left after he heard what they were saying. He thinks I was also saying things like that because I was sitting with them, but I didn’t say anything bad about him it was the other 2.I had invited him over for christmas since it was just going to be me and my mom home like always, and he texted me and said “hey I just wanted to let you know that I won’t make it over for Christmas because I need some time to think about things” i tried coming over to talk, but he never answered the door or any of my calls. I explained the situation and apologized with all my heart, but he doesn’t answer or anything.How can I convince him to come? I regret being there at the wrong time and I don’t want him to be alone. My mom was looking forward to having him over and I had already got my room setup so he could soend the nightTldr: My close friend no longer wants to come over because he thinks I was making fun of his situation, how can I talk him back into coming over tomorrow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.