/u/tapirtapirtapir16 on I’ve seen Frozen 2 twice already and this is the hill I will die on. (rant in comments)

Let me also say I’m not opposed to a gay Disney princess by any means, but Elsa in particular feels so much more ace/aro than anything and this fits the narrative of Frozen so much better. It took me a while to figure out why I feel so strongly about this, but it finally dawned on me that it’s because before I understood I was ace, a lot of people around me assumed I was gay just because I wasn’t interested in guys. So many people are doing the same to Elsa. She’s clearly not into guys, so she must be into girls, right? Everyone has to be into SOMEBODY, right? Absolutely not, but it’s something a lot of people still believe. I mean, several people around me still suspect I’m a closeted lesbian because they don’t find asexuality valid. Elsa’s story has shown that platonic/familial love and affection is just as fulfilling as romantic love. She doesn’t need a partner in order to complete her arc. Keeping her ace (bc let’s be honest that’s how she’s been portrayed) shows that, which I find incredibly important.

Let me repeat, I’m not opposed to a gay princess. I think that’s a story that also should be told, but just not with Elsa. It’s not a battle over who needs representation more. We all do.





November 28, 2019 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.