Trying to make it past this point.

My husband and I are going through it.

He recently got out of the Army about six weeks ago. Right before he got out it was like we had a plan for him, then an idea of what can happen, the plan of action of what he should do to make sure he's going to be okay (financially & health wise) . The plan was for him to get his VA in order then to slow down on the drinking to get back into shape and help with his depression. He struggles with alcoholism. Well, neither has been done.

He's drinking about 5th a day, doesn't leave his laptop or the house and has made no effort in doing anything else. I am giving him time to grieve. I back off now when he gets in those highly depressive episodes.( If I try to comfort or give my advice it makes things worse.) So to just give space and come back later.

At this point I am just trying to make it past this rough part of our lives. Hoping we come out together at the end. I work two jobs to stay busy and so that I never have to ask for anything. I made new friends so for the times I feel alone I don't burden him.

But I really miss my husband yall... I can live with eating out alone, doing house chores by myself, but like I'm hurting for that connection we have (had). I sleep alone, he spends most nights playing, I just feel so alone. I guess I just wanted to write this so strangers could tell me I am being selfish or it will get better.

I love him more than what is happening. I just hope we make it beyond this point.

Thanks for advice or just reading it.



Submitted November 17, 2019 at 11:32PM

My husband and I are going through it.He recently got out of the Army about six weeks ago. Right before he got out it was like we had a plan for him, then an idea of what can happen, the plan of action of what he should do to make sure he's going to be okay (financially & health wise) . The plan was for him to get his VA in order then to slow down on the drinking to get back into shape and help with his depression. He struggles with alcoholism. Well, neither has been done.He's drinking about 5th a day, doesn't leave his laptop or the house and has made no effort in doing anything else. I am giving him time to grieve. I back off now when he gets in those highly depressive episodes.( If I try to comfort or give my advice it makes things worse.) So to just give space and come back later.At this point I am just trying to make it past this rough part of our lives. Hoping we come out together at the end. I work two jobs to stay busy and so that I never have to ask for anything. I made new friends so for the times I feel alone I don't burden him.But I really miss my husband yall... I can live with eating out alone, doing house chores by myself, but like I'm hurting for that connection we have (had). I sleep alone, he spends most nights playing, I just feel so alone. I guess I just wanted to write this so strangers could tell me I am being selfish or it will get better.I love him more than what is happening. I just hope we make it beyond this point.Thanks for advice or just reading it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.