/u/eravyn on What are your experiences?

I didn't learn about asexuality until my mid 20s. I remember having a boyfriend in first grade, and my relationships in high school were almost identical. Friends ask who I like, I tell them someone either to make them happy or because it's a genuine squish (which I only learned the term for a couple years ago), friends go back and forth until we call each other boyfriend/girlfriend, we sit together at school assemblies and never see each other beyond that. In high school, I "dated" maybe four guys and can count on one hand the times I saw them out of school, combined. In 6th or 7th grade, I remember a friend coming up to me one day to tell me a certain boy was dating someone. I was so confused why they thought I'd care until it clicked that we were supposed to have been dating for like two years. Props to him for not ditching me sooner.

I tried kissing, never liked it, never instigated it, and always physically distanced myself from someone hinting they wanted to go further. I realise now how cold I must have seemed, but at the time I just couldn't imagine myself enjoying that kind of thing. (Still can't) Kissing alone was a rediculous concept (still is), but it was expected when we were in public, so I gave in sometimes for appearences. I'd get flat out pissed if they tried anything around family though. I don't care what the general public thinks, but have my parents think I wanted to mash faces? Preposterous!





October 15, 2019 at 11:54PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.