Request for advice: should I go on a date with a girl if my photos are not quite accurate anymore?

So I super liked this girl on Tinder and to my surprise, we have matched. She was clearly out of my league, but her bio was really straightforward about what she wants (not chatting about our education, work etc., but really getting to know each other and developing a relationship with a future), that is why I super liked her in the first place.

We've been messing around with each other online for a couple of days, until today half-jokingly I asked her out on a date. This is the point where my matches usually disappear, have some excuse, you know how it goes. She said yes, unexpectedly to me.

I have registered on Tinder 2 years ago, and I haven't updated my photos since then. Unfortunately, I have gained a decent amount of weight meanwhile (maybe 20 kilograms / 44 pounds), so the person those photos show can probably be much more attractive than I am right now.

What do you think I should do? I certainly don't want to disappoint or ghost her, but I'm quite sure our date would be pretty embarassing for both of us. Maybe tell her the whole thing in advance and let her make her decision?

TLDR: I'm much fatter than what my photos show, I asked a hot and seemingly intelligent girl out on a date, she said yes and I don't know what to do.



Submitted October 17, 2019 at 11:42PM

So I super liked this girl on Tinder and to my surprise, we have matched. She was clearly out of my league, but her bio was really straightforward about what she wants (not chatting about our education, work etc., but really getting to know each other and developing a relationship with a future), that is why I super liked her in the first place.We've been messing around with each other online for a couple of days, until today half-jokingly I asked her out on a date. This is the point where my matches usually disappear, have some excuse, you know how it goes. She said yes, unexpectedly to me.I have registered on Tinder 2 years ago, and I haven't updated my photos since then. Unfortunately, I have gained a decent amount of weight meanwhile (maybe 20 kilograms / 44 pounds), so the person those photos show can probably be much more attractive than I am right now.What do you think I should do? I certainly don't want to disappoint or ghost her, but I'm quite sure our date would be pretty embarassing for both of us. Maybe tell her the whole thing in advance and let her make her decision?TLDR: I'm much fatter than what my photos show, I asked a hot and seemingly intelligent girl out on a date, she said yes and I don't know what to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.