Is he worth the wait or am I wasting my time?

So I 24F met this guy 25F about 2 months ago, we immediately hit it off and exchanged numbers. In total we've been on like 6 dates and now we often just chill at either my place or his. We have a great time and I am starting to develop feelings for him, and in an attempt to save myself from getting hurt I decided to take the leap and asked him where he saw this going.

He answered that he would like to keep it casual for now (mind you, we haven't had sex, but we do kiss/make-out etc.) that he wants to continue seeing me but without any expectations as to where this should go and then he said that if everything is going right that it will turn into more and that he is open to that idea, just not anytime soon as he mentioned he's under a lot of stress from his job and some family problems. And then he kinda mumbled to himself "I don't really know what I'm looking for." Which to me sounds like the whole, 'I'm not ready for a relationship (with you)' situation, which I'm trying to avoid.

Because he is the one who wants to keep it casual, I asked him how he would feel if I were to start dating again while also continuing to see him, he said that he doesn't like that, at all but that he can't forbid me to do so.

I'm not saying I want to jump headfirst into a relationship, but I do want to make sure that we're on te same page on what we're expecting.

So. Idk.

Is he just making up excuses because he isn't feeling me enough to want to work towards a relationship?

Does he actually want to take it easy?

I just feel like I need to know, because I don't want to end up with strong feelings towards him when he isn't even into me.



Submitted August 22, 2019 at 11:14PM

So I 24F met this guy 25F about 2 months ago, we immediately hit it off and exchanged numbers. In total we've been on like 6 dates and now we often just chill at either my place or his. We have a great time and I am starting to develop feelings for him, and in an attempt to save myself from getting hurt I decided to take the leap and asked him where he saw this going.He answered that he would like to keep it casual for now (mind you, we haven't had sex, but we do kiss/make-out etc.) that he wants to continue seeing me but without any expectations as to where this should go and then he said that if everything is going right that it will turn into more and that he is open to that idea, just not anytime soon as he mentioned he's under a lot of stress from his job and some family problems. And then he kinda mumbled to himself "I don't really know what I'm looking for." Which to me sounds like the whole, 'I'm not ready for a relationship (with you)' situation, which I'm trying to avoid.Because he is the one who wants to keep it casual, I asked him how he would feel if I were to start dating again while also continuing to see him, he said that he doesn't like that, at all but that he can't forbid me to do so.I'm not saying I want to jump headfirst into a relationship, but I do want to make sure that we're on te same page on what we're expecting.So. Idk.Is he just making up excuses because he isn't feeling me enough to want to work towards a relationship?Does he actually want to take it easy?​I just feel like I need to know, because I don't want to end up with strong feelings towards him when he isn't even into me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.