Is it normal to only have just one best friend [25M] [27M]

Back when I was in middle and high school I had ZERO friends. Nobody liked me and I was made fun of a lot.

Now I get to college, and still I can't make any friends. I try and try and nobody likes me. Except there was one guy who reached out to me. His name was Eric. He friend requested me on Facebook and we had a few classes together. He then invited me to his art show. And we slowly started to interact. He then even invited me to his house.

Eventually, we hung out a billion times and became "best friends". I see him just about every weekend. He has a longtime girlfriend of five years and we are all get along and like to hang out.

Eric got into body buidling and became really muscular. And he is very attractive. He is very confident and tall and overall, is better than me at everything. He makes me look good.

I've started to think about our friendship, and it just seems kind of weird.

In that he is my ONLY friend. I have ZERO friends outside of him. Nobody asks to see me and nobody reaches out. I'm extremely lonely. And he is my only friend who I can hit up and hang out and have a beer.

I really have no one else. Like, I just can't make friends for some reason. I have a very hard time making friends.

Also, I've never been in a relationship. For some reason I just can't find a girl who wants to actually see me.

So basically I only have one best guy friend and that's it. I just don't know where else to get friends or to meet a girl.

Is any of this normal?

tldr Only have one best guy friend and that is it and nobody likes me and wondering if that's normal



Submitted July 11, 2019 at 10:51PM

Back when I was in middle and high school I had ZERO friends. Nobody liked me and I was made fun of a lot.Now I get to college, and still I can't make any friends. I try and try and nobody likes me. Except there was one guy who reached out to me. His name was Eric. He friend requested me on Facebook and we had a few classes together. He then invited me to his art show. And we slowly started to interact. He then even invited me to his house.Eventually, we hung out a billion times and became "best friends". I see him just about every weekend. He has a longtime girlfriend of five years and we are all get along and like to hang out.Eric got into body buidling and became really muscular. And he is very attractive. He is very confident and tall and overall, is better than me at everything. He makes me look good.I've started to think about our friendship, and it just seems kind of weird.In that he is my ONLY friend. I have ZERO friends outside of him. Nobody asks to see me and nobody reaches out. I'm extremely lonely. And he is my only friend who I can hit up and hang out and have a beer.I really have no one else. Like, I just can't make friends for some reason. I have a very hard time making friends.Also, I've never been in a relationship. For some reason I just can't find a girl who wants to actually see me.So basically I only have one best guy friend and that's it. I just don't know where else to get friends or to meet a girl.Is any of this normal?tldr Only have one best guy friend and that is it and nobody likes me and wondering if that's normal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.