I [24M] think I'm afraid of dating and dating apps.

I was in a 3 year relationship in college that was kind of on/off. She ended up cheating on me twice, and even though it took me a while, I really do believe I'm over it. It'd never work between us, and I don't want anything to do with her.

I had one girl interested in me since then, but I wasn't interested so that went nowhere.

I'm curious about trying dating again after I saw my brother find a great girl on a dating app (after 6 months of weirdos and disappointment). I don't even know where to start though. I've got low self esteem and some social anxiety, so meeting people out in the open seems too difficult. but dating apps seem like a losing proposition too.

I'm inevitably going to get friendzoned/rejected on these apps if I do them, and I don't know how I'd handle it. I like to think I could handle it because I know it happens to mostly everyone, but the idea of spending money and time on dates with someone and having it go nowhere makes it feel pointless to me.

If you've got similar problems (low self esteem or social anxiety), how has your luck been with dating? Have you used apps? What were your experiences with them? Anything I should know?

tl;dr: Haven't dated in a while. Thinking about finally getting back on the horse, but I think I'm too scared to do it.



Submitted July 06, 2019 at 12:04AM

I was in a 3 year relationship in college that was kind of on/off. She ended up cheating on me twice, and even though it took me a while, I really do believe I'm over it. It'd never work between us, and I don't want anything to do with her.I had one girl interested in me since then, but I wasn't interested so that went nowhere.I'm curious about trying dating again after I saw my brother find a great girl on a dating app (after 6 months of weirdos and disappointment). I don't even know where to start though. I've got low self esteem and some social anxiety, so meeting people out in the open seems too difficult. but dating apps seem like a losing proposition too.I'm inevitably going to get friendzoned/rejected on these apps if I do them, and I don't know how I'd handle it. I like to think I could handle it because I know it happens to mostly everyone, but the idea of spending money and time on dates with someone and having it go nowhere makes it feel pointless to me.If you've got similar problems (low self esteem or social anxiety), how has your luck been with dating? Have you used apps? What were your experiences with them? Anything I should know?tl;dr: Haven't dated in a while. Thinking about finally getting back on the horse, but I think I'm too scared to do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.