After discussing moving in together at the end of the year, I just said I didn’t want to anymore. How do I know when it’s the right time?

Been dating someone for about four months and we’ve been hitting it off and spending a lot of time together. We also live similar lifestyles. Turns out her roommate is leaving next year to get her own place, so we talked about moving in together after her semester ends in December.

One of the main reasons I agreed to it is so she didn’t have to live in a crappy part of town because it’s all she can afford alone. But then I realized that’s not too great of a reason to move in with someone — especially since I already had a bad experience living with an ex. But I don’t think I’m ready for it yet. I’ve been living alone for 4 1/2 years and I’m not ready to share a space with someone. And I think even 9 months (that’s how long it would be in December) into a relationship is kind of a gamble.

Obviously it’s always scary and huge decision, but curious as to how some of you knew it was the right time or not; also, what were some of he other motives you all had for moving in?



Submitted July 05, 2019 at 11:47PM

Been dating someone for about four months and we’ve been hitting it off and spending a lot of time together. We also live similar lifestyles. Turns out her roommate is leaving next year to get her own place, so we talked about moving in together after her semester ends in December.One of the main reasons I agreed to it is so she didn’t have to live in a crappy part of town because it’s all she can afford alone. But then I realized that’s not too great of a reason to move in with someone — especially since I already had a bad experience living with an ex. But I don’t think I’m ready for it yet. I’ve been living alone for 4 1/2 years and I’m not ready to share a space with someone. And I think even 9 months (that’s how long it would be in December) into a relationship is kind of a gamble.Obviously it’s always scary and huge decision, but curious as to how some of you knew it was the right time or not; also, what were some of he other motives you all had for moving in?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.