/u/ArchaicAlbatross on What’s your guys’ take on this?

Agreed. There’s no use going to couple’s therapy or other things people are suggesting- if someone has responded to sex/physical affection in a certain way for that long, they probably aren’t going to change, since sexuality isn’t something that can nor should be “fixed” like people are (Indirectly) insinuating.

I saw quotes like: “A healthy sex life is part of any healthy marriage.” in the comments, and phrases like that bother me quite a bit. Being in a healthy marriage (Unlike the one in the post) and not wanting/having sex aren’t mutually exclusive! Sex isn’t necessary for everyone, and I dislike the fact that so many people (Not everyone, but many) are acting like it’s the cornerstone of every healthy partnership. Although they may not understand asexuality or things of the sort themselves, it’s distasteful to view a lack of sexual attraction/intercourse as “unhealthy”.





June 05, 2019 at 12:09AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.