/u/stoyan_gp on Sometimes I wish that the Ace community would be more inclusive of non heteroromantic Aces

Okay so what you did is you went ahead and you COMPLETELY mischaracterized my stance on het asexual people as well as this community as a whole. And not only that, you claim that we all need to be in this together while completely belittling the experiences I am talking about.

This isn’t the god damn trauma Olympics.

I am not trying to say I am more traumatized than het asexuals. I am saying that, by and large, gay asexual people go through additional crap for being gay. I lack LEGAL RIGHTS that het asexuals have on top of most of the struggles I share with them and you are over here talking about “trauma Olympics” as if anyone gives a damn about that. I am talking intersectionality.

traumatized individuals are not obligated to go out of their way to stand up for you

I am not “obligating” anyone. Het asexuals can call me a slur if they wish to, I sure as hell cannot stop them from doing it. But I thought the idea is that we stick together as a community and help those who are further marginalized among us so they have a voice. I am sorry if that is not actually what you are interested in doing.

There is a huge difference between calling out bullshit and going after a community because you don’t think they suffer as much as you do

Here I completely agree. I am just not sure why you are acting as if I am doing the latter. I have done NOTHING against the interests of het asexual people in the community. Quite the opposite. I make one, ONE plight for them to also consider the struggles of people like me and I am met with a reaction like yours here.





December 04, 2021 at 11:14PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.