/u/missy5454 on Relatable;

I'm OK, I disowned my bio dad when I was 16 (I'm 35 now), and the last time I spoke to him was at my grandmas, his moms funeral. I recently reconnected with one of my cousins on that side of the fam, and when his brother and sister died they tried to contact him for the funeral but it was like he dropped off tge face of the earth. He doesn't even know he's a grandpa, but my son knows about him and has no desire to know him. I've told my son that if once he's older that if that changes I'll support him, but right now I don't think knowing him is in his best interest. My moms parents are toxic, and I had to see for myself to truely decide if I wanted them in or out. I'm not gonna take that choice and judgement call away from him, it's just as an 11 yr old the time for that isn't now. My mom I've tried to go nc, only for her to file false cps reports, false police reports, and false missing persons reports. Thank all that is holy that she didn't stoop low enough to falsley declare me dead, though I wouldn't put it past her. The best way to minimize her destruction is extreme low contact, and document everything. Cya is my bread and butter with her. I appreciate the empathy, but I'm ok. I've got a small group of friends, my son, and a wonderful guy I started dating almost 2 months ago who is the kind of guy I've been looking for. We haven't labled anything because it's too new, and we both have insecurities after being hurt. But I learned how to read people at a young age. Despite his inner demons, he treats me right and I'm not the enemy in our relationship. When I bring up wanting to talk serious relationship stuff, he's scared, but willing to talk and listen. He values me as more than a sex toy or a way to support himself. He's someone I could see my self standing beside long term. With my exes, they were amvils chained to my ankles while I was drowning. This man is not. I've never really experienced what being happy is like, so this is new and terrifying to me, but it's exciting as well. Btw, he and I are not Ace. I'm Demi sexual as well as Demi romantic ( haven't told him yet because it's too new), I'm not sure on him, but he's high labido and manogamous. Loyalty and trust are very important to us both, and neither of us can stand being cheted on or used. Despite the ways he and I are different, the core things important to a healthy relationship seem sound. So please don't feel sorry for me. Life deals everyone a different hand of cards in life, it's how u play them that matters. I've been kicked, and I've been down. But I dust myself off, pick myself up, and move forward. I find reasons to be content with what I have and find joy in the small blessings in my life. My past may be filled with pain and darkness, but I'm here, I'm alive, and I'm OK. I'm finding my light in this life, and nobody can take that away. There will be ups and Downs, but I'll keep moving forward all the same





November 30, 2021 at 10:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.