I'm a white, non religious female, interested in a middle eastern Muslim man, will this work?

For context, I just got out of a very long relationship, and really no idea how to go about dating. I met this very attractive, funny and what seems to be genuine guy. I just learned he's Muslim, which does not bother me at all, but I seem to be getting so many conflicting answers to what I need to do.

He brought it up about not being able to have sex before religious marriage, which I absolutely respect. So I before I ran the other direction I decided to meet up and get to know this person before making any rash decision. So if I fall head over heels for this guy, I was trying to figure out if it will work with our cultural backgrounds being so different.

Would his family accept me? Would he be an outcast in his religion?

I would hate if I made his life harder because we're so different. But I also don't want to walk away from something that could potentially be the real deal.

Any advice welcome!



Submitted November 27, 2021 at 12:13AM

For context, I just got out of a very long relationship, and really no idea how to go about dating. I met this very attractive, funny and what seems to be genuine guy. I just learned he's Muslim, which does not bother me at all, but I seem to be getting so many conflicting answers to what I need to do.He brought it up about not being able to have sex before religious marriage, which I absolutely respect. So I before I ran the other direction I decided to meet up and get to know this person before making any rash decision. So if I fall head over heels for this guy, I was trying to figure out if it will work with our cultural backgrounds being so different.Would his family accept me? Would he be an outcast in his religion?I would hate if I made his life harder because we're so different. But I also don't want to walk away from something that could potentially be the real deal.Any advice welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.