Giving up hope - 32M

Title says it really. I really am at a total loss for where to start dating or finding someone I am compatible with. I find myself with fewer options than ever.

The past 3 years have been a downward slope for me. I used to have a good job in wealth management, groups of friends i saw regularly and reasonable social life with travelling etc. Then I started losing friends as they paired off and dissapeared into their gfs lives, ditching our friend groups (happened to 4 of my friends), my social life wittled down to maybe a pub trip once every 2 months and lockdowm has destroyed what was left.

Lockdown also cost me my 10 year job which was a social outlet and i now work from home by myself.

On top of this my mother passed away last year from cancer and i no longer hear much from that side of the family.

I now work by myself, live alone and the only people i see are my brothers and sometimes my dad. With a total of say 2 visits a week. I am pretty much alone all of the time.

To go from where I was to having very very little if anything is really depressing and hurtsz especially those friends who ditched one by one.

Where do i even go from here when it comes to dating? I live in a place with little options for social clubs unless i want to watercolour with 50 yr olds. There is very little night life or social life (UK town) I have no social groups and no emotional support from anywhere and giving up on this feels like the healthiest option.

I know comments will be along the lines of 'get therapy' - I'm not depressed, or 'join social events and clubs' - i have done this over many years and commiting to some can be a time sink that leads to nothingz it has never worked. I guess the fact my connections all disappearing has put the nail in the coffin. I am financially very comfortable and highly qualified have travelled extensivel, exercise daily and am not bad looking, so maybe i have some chance.

Just want new ideas honestly.



Submitted November 27, 2021 at 01:14AM

Title says it really. I really am at a total loss for where to start dating or finding someone I am compatible with. I find myself with fewer options than ever.The past 3 years have been a downward slope for me. I used to have a good job in wealth management, groups of friends i saw regularly and reasonable social life with travelling etc. Then I started losing friends as they paired off and dissapeared into their gfs lives, ditching our friend groups (happened to 4 of my friends), my social life wittled down to maybe a pub trip once every 2 months and lockdowm has destroyed what was left.Lockdown also cost me my 10 year job which was a social outlet and i now work from home by myself.On top of this my mother passed away last year from cancer and i no longer hear much from that side of the family.I now work by myself, live alone and the only people i see are my brothers and sometimes my dad. With a total of say 2 visits a week. I am pretty much alone all of the time.To go from where I was to having very very little if anything is really depressing and hurtsz especially those friends who ditched one by one.Where do i even go from here when it comes to dating? I live in a place with little options for social clubs unless i want to watercolour with 50 yr olds. There is very little night life or social life (UK town) I have no social groups and no emotional support from anywhere and giving up on this feels like the healthiest option.I know comments will be along the lines of 'get therapy' - I'm not depressed, or 'join social events and clubs' - i have done this over many years and commiting to some can be a time sink that leads to nothingz it has never worked. I guess the fact my connections all disappearing has put the nail in the coffin. I am financially very comfortable and highly qualified have travelled extensivel, exercise daily and am not bad looking, so maybe i have some chance.Just want new ideas honestly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.