/u/ToothlessFeline on I couldn't see my usual doctor and the moment I said I am asexual...

The problem is that being asexual isn't something that is hurting people, so why would a doctor want to treat it?

To be fair, there are reasons for a person to have not had sex that can be of medical concern. It's not completely out of line for a doctor to think of that. The specific comment this doctor made was rude and out of line, but expressing concern about it in an otherwise healthy-appearing patient is reasonable, as long as it's expressed in a respectful and compassionate manner.

Asexuality is weird among sexualities in that way—lack of sexual interest can be a symptom of certain medical conditions in ways that other sexualities cannot be.





October 30, 2021 at 12:01AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.