Once I started loving myself more, I found myself wanting to date less (27M).

I think if a lot of people really honestly examined why dating is such a high priority for them, they’d realize that their reasons aren’t very healthy.

I used to not think very highly of myself, my looks, career, personality, anything; I thought if I could date more and have a GF it would make me feel a lot happier (BIG mistake).

Now I’m in the best shape of my life, am in intensive therapy, and have a career in harm reduction/overdose prevention where I save lives. It’s been a couple years since I dated and have 0 interest in doing so again for a long, long time.

Dating doesn’t always lead to happiness. Working on yourself first and foremost will give you way more happiness than another person could.



Submitted October 23, 2021 at 12:12AM

I think if a lot of people really honestly examined why dating is such a high priority for them, they’d realize that their reasons aren’t very healthy.I used to not think very highly of myself, my looks, career, personality, anything; I thought if I could date more and have a GF it would make me feel a lot happier (BIG mistake).Now I’m in the best shape of my life, am in intensive therapy, and have a career in harm reduction/overdose prevention where I save lives. It’s been a couple years since I dated and have 0 interest in doing so again for a long, long time.Dating doesn’t always lead to happiness. Working on yourself first and foremost will give you way more happiness than another person could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.