/u/JJGoodBoy on Do adult people really freak out when you tell them that you haven't had sex in a while?

35yo allo here and in my experience few people talk so openly about something so personal. Could just be the circles I run in, but I doubt it.

I think teenagers worry about sex a lot in terms of wondering when they'll "lose their virginity" or if they're normal. They worry about being left out while others may seem more experienced, but even in this case I don't think there's that much talk about it. Even if there was, I would be highly suspect of what kids said. I suspect a lot of kids lie about such things to fit in.

I have one very close friend who I talk to about relationships and such in private, and he has occasionally mentioned being in a dry spell and being frustrated by it, but he's far from a sex addict. His frustration seems to be more from a general lack of intimacy in general when he is not in a relationship.

Speaking to How I Met Your Mother the show specifically, the show ran for 9 seasons. Having a show that long means the creative team had to invent new twists and turns to keep things going, so the number of romantic and sexual partners of Ted, Barney, and Robin is exaggerated way above average. Some episodes - I'm thinking of the one where Ted might have had a threesome - read like fantasy letters you'd find in the back of Penthouse and are just that: fantasy.





September 18, 2021 at 01:09AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.