/u/imjayhime on Finding out you’re asexual

I thought it was weird that I didn’t feel any sexual attraction to my last boyfriend. He was okay with waiting till marriage (that was my plan at the time), but after thinking about it, I realized that I didn’t even want to do it with him in the future. After we broke up, I wanted to see if anyone felt the same way so I did some research and found this comic from AVEN. It was honestly an eye opening moment for me like “wow…that’s me.” This was in 2018. If I knew what asexuality was when I started dating, things definitely would have been different. There were and still are times when I get sad about it. I’m very romantic and have always dreamed about getting married. I often have doubts that I’ll find that person, but for the most part, I’m proud to be an ace. It’s nice to be a part of a supportive community and to not constantly think about sex haha but it’s definitely annoying that society’s so obsessed with it. I’m sure you’ll figure things out :)





September 25, 2021 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.