/u/Nerddess on Pet names versus real name

I have literally never heard of this phenomenon. Is this a young person thing? When I dated, I only ever called them by their names, and vice versa. No one ever made a fuss. The one time I was called "babe," I had a visceral reaction, authentic cringe, and I said don't ever call me that again. I am not your babe. That's gross. I have a name, please use it. I also have never heard my friends gush over pet names, nor has a single married couple in my adult life gone around with pet names. Maybe in private they do that, whatever, but most definitely not all the time





August 07, 2021 at 01:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.