/u/Bananalex_95 on Asexual professor rant

Congrats on your new position !!

I agree, I am a PhD student with teaching assistant position and it stroke me when I got the university guidelines on how to behave with students. Like don't get in relationship with a student in your class (for TAs, we can be around same ages so it is less creepy than with a professor but still), but also "let the door open when chatting with a student in your office". For my uni to have to state such basic things was wild to me, It must have happened more than once. I am glad my uni takes this issue seriously because beyond being unprofessional, it is first and foremost predatory and gross (some students are very young and impressionable).





August 08, 2021 at 11:52PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.