/u/ablueowl on *Cries as a sex-averse heteroromantic ace woman* (Disclaimer: I am NOT mocking allosexual men for having these VERY VALID needs)

Yeah I recently read the article and it was nice to see that not all the gestures of desire mentioned were necessarily sexual. And I'm always open to more studies (as long as they're peer-reviewed and intellectually solid), it was sad to read that men's sexual desire has usually been ignored in research. I definitely don't agree with the traditional dynamic mentioned in the article, with men mainly expressing and performing gestures of desire in a relationship. I would definitely want a more equal dynamic in my relationship and would have no personal issues with expressing and showing love for a male partner.

I agree with your issues with the study though, and I'd like to see non-heterosexual relationships (including aces' relationships) studied as well. I also understand what you meant about broader cultural issues being a factor, I don't think gendered norms and expectations are healthy and certainly not in interpersonal relationships (like someone having to do something in a relationship MAINLY because they're male/female, and oh goodness imagine the complications that nonbinary people bring to these dynamics).





August 24, 2021 at 11:40PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.