/u/Jumpyropes on should i really anticipate it going away?

It may change, it may not. I thought I was pansexual at that age, turns out I'm panromantic asexual actually. That doesn't mean you will change your mind though, it just means that things can change. That doesn't make you any less asexual now. You've found a label that makes you feel right, and that's what's important. If I had been told "oh, you'll grow out of that" when I was identifying as pan, I would have been pissed!

The unfortunate thing is, many people will try to invalidate your identity at any age. 20s and younger, youre just a late bloomer. 30s - 40s, you just haven't found the right person yet. 50s and up, theyll just say there's something mentally wrong with you. There's no winning with those types of people.

So just live your life as you are now. You may change your identity as you grow, or you may realize you were right from the beginning. Whatever happens, you are valid in who you are.





July 29, 2021 at 11:37PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.